I was tagged by a fellow Nikki at dsdstyle.blogspot.com to do a post with 20 facts about myself. My first ever tag!
About four facts in, I realized this was going to be a lot harder than I thought. I really tried to keep them fairly interesting and stay away from basic things like “my favorite color is blue” (it is), or “my middle name is Agatha-Louise” (it’s not).
Enjoy and if you decide to post your own (because I tag YOU!) leave a link in the comments section below!
- I’m a lefty with green eyes and two remaining baby teeth, even though I’m in my 30s, which basically makes me somewhat of a statistical rarity?
- One Friday the 13th, my dad & myself were bit by the same dog, at different times, and my brother by a crab almost simultaneously with my dog bite. I’m not superstitious, but maybe I should be.
- Years ago, I met Adam Sandler and got his autograph. Unfortunately, I only had it for about 24 hours because it was written in a Crayola marker on my arm. NOTE to self: Always carry paper and a Sharpie.
- I find it really difficult to come up with 20 interesting things about myself.
- Dan vacuums way better than I do and has more shirts, but I know more about football and can take a two-minute shower. We kind of defy gender stereotypes.
- Sometimes I worry that people don’t know when I’m being sarcastic.
- My fridge usually consists of a few yogurts, rotting vegetables that I had good intentions for, condiments, 3 kinds of milk because we’re indecisive, and lots of water and alcohol. I’m working on it.
- I once had a cat named Stupid, but we called her Poo instead….because that’s better.
- I’ve never broken a bone, unless teeth count, which I guess they technically do. In that case, I’ve broken the same one three times.
- I can’t think of a time where the movie has been better than the book. I will say though, Gone Girl is one of the few where each was equally as good.
- I deleted an item from this list because it talked about religion, and even though it was in a funny, anecdotal sort of way, I’m a little bit terrified to bring up the topic to people who may have a more serious view than I do. Let’s talk politics instead.
- If I could only watch 3 television shows on repeat for the rest of my life (the horror!), it would be Breaking Bad, House, and Gilmore Girls. My mother is probably shocked I didn’t choose 90210 since I insisted I was moving to Beverly Hills all through junior high and Brenda was my BFF. Luckily, I choose my BFFs a bit more wisely now.
- I’m eating cauliflower while I write this and wishing it were chocolate peanut butter flavored with sprinkles.
- I actually kind of liked high school.
- Somehow I signed up for a free subscription to one magazine and ended up with free subscriptions to many more. You know that scene in Harry Potter where thousands of letters keep flying in through every part of the house? My life is like that, but with magazines. It’s awesome.
- I still carry around a piece of dog fur from my childhood best buddy, Cooper, who passed away on Christmas when I was 16. It’s one of my saddest memories.
- A few years ago, Dan and I rappelled down a waterfall in Costa Rica, and I like to think it’s one of the most badass things I’ve ever done.
- I’m not always sure how to use commas, and it frustrates me. That one was wrong, right?
- I firmly believe there is nothing in this world that can’t be made better with cheese. Except cheese itself because it’s already the best.
- My life is ruined because my cats insist that we absolutely, no way, can never ever have a Christmas tree.